Vegan Oatmeal Pineapple Blueberry Protein Smoothie
With blueberry season almost officially ending (August in the tri-state area), take a visit to your local farmer's market or grocery store to make a fresh blueberry oatmeal protein smoothie. Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants and photo-nutrients which have powerful health benefits. Combining blueberries, pineapple, oatmeal and vegan protein powder, this plant-based pineapple blueberry protein smoothie makes the perfect breakfast to start your day with an energy boost.
- 1 c fresh organic blueberries
- 1 ripe frozen organic banana
- ½ pineapple, chopped into chunks
- ½ c almond milk or coconut milk
- ½ c of gluten free rolled oats, soaked overnight in water and drained of excess liquid
- 3 servings SANO vanilla plant-based protein powder
- ½ c of organic vegan vanilla yogurt
- 1 c ice cubes
- handful of spinach or kale (optional)
Add all of the ingredients in order listed into your blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
(Makes 3 servings)