2019 Coachella Essentials
Coachella 2019 starts today! If you’re preparing for the festival, whether week 1 or week 2, and aren’t sure what to pack--we've got you covered! This survival guide was created to outline all the Coachella essentials you’ll need for the event, the campgrounds, as well as what you should not be packing (there are a lot of confiscations at this event).
- Official Coachella App: This app is required to activate your wristbands for the festival, and should be activated upon arrival to the campgrounds.
- Wristband: IDs are unique and should be guarded with your life. It contains a RFID chip that is scanned upon entry into the campground check-in and into the venue.
- Car Camping Pass: Car camping passes also contain RFID chips that are linked to the original wristbands they were originally ordered with.
Personal Items: Inside Coachella
- Dress: It will be hot, very hot! You should dress for the heat wearing comfortable, breathing clothes. Be sure to pack a hat, comfortable shoes, and a bandana for not only the style, but also the high amounts of dust. The evenings can be pretty cool, so pack a light jacket or sweatshirt.
- Sunglasses: The desert is bright! If you want to have a unique experience, purchase some diffraction glasses, which provide a different perspective of the lights at night.
- Hydration: It is very important to remember to HYDRATE while in the dessert partying. We can’t stress this enough and recommend purchasing a Camelbak to aid in water consumption and hydration.
- Portable Protein: Walking around in the hot sun and partying in the evening can take a toll on your physical health. To get your through the long days, pack some Go Raw bars to snack on along with some SANO portable premium plant-based proteins which can be coveniently mixed in your Camelbak.
- Ear Plugs: Protect your ears from the sets with loud decibels. You can also use them at night to help sleep, while people party all night long. You may also want to pack ibuprofen in case of headaches.
- Smartphone Charger and Power Banks: At some point your phone will die, so make sure to purchase a solar-powered bank to capture those Instagram moments.
- Suntan Lotion and Lip Balm: It’s important to protect from the damaging UV rays that cause our skin to dry out and age.
Personal Items: In the Campgrounds
- Toiletries: While Coachella’s campgrounds have showers, toiletries are not provided so make sure to bring travel-sized body wash, shampoo, conditioner, towel, deodorant, toilet paper (porta-potty TP is no-good!), and eyedrops for the dust.
- Personal Care: For the ladies, any makeup and personal female hygiene products,and for the men hair product and travel cologne. It’s always handy to have some travel sized hand sanitizers too.
- Skin Care: Sunscreen is very important in the desert. Don't forget lotion and moisturizer to rehydrate your skin.
- Oral hygiene: Goes without being said, but pack a toothbrush, plenty of toothpaste (you’d be surprised how many people will forget this!), floss and any other personal hygiene products.
- Medication: Any regular medications, allergy medicines, ibuprofen, Vitamin B12 and other daily supplements.
Coachella (non) Essentials
- Restrictions: glass products, metal/steel water bottles, coolers, drones, selfie-sticks, fireworks, drugs, glow sticks, laser pointers, aerosol cans, pets, umbrellas, video cameras, firearms, and weapons. Fanny packs are permissible!
- Not Advised: It tends to get very hot and dusty in the desert, so essentially anything that can melt should be left home (stick deodorants, soaps, chocolate edibles, etc). You should assume your footwear will be very dirty, if not ruined.
That concludes our list of essentials (and non-essentials) for you to bring to Coachella 2019! We hope you have a blast and please let us know if we missed anything.